Friday, August 5, 2011

Adults

You know, I heard a quote the other day on a site I frequent, and it goes something like "I come to this site because I see the adults in my life, and my "role models" as being pathetic, and just full of shit. I've come to realize how true this statement is in the past few months. I used to think the exact same thing, but I couldn't really put it into words and this quote really hit home.
I've always thought that the way adults acted, all the small talk, the "social norms" of today, are complete and utter bullshit. I've never really understood why, but I see through them, I can see that what you do every day, is for nothing pretty much. Yeah it's to earn money, have a family, get a nice house, etc. But after that, what? Nothing. You don't need anything beyond that point. Money is just a material object. I'm not condoning the material objects of today, I'm mearly saying people who obsess over them are stupid. And the things that come along with these material objects, these social norms, are bullshit. And you want to know why? It's because it's making us more and more boring people. You see people who work office jobs and you spend 2 minutes thinking out his entire day, and you have it. You wake up, go to work, come home, take care of the kids, make dinner, bond with the family, and go to bed. That's it. It never changes. It's always the same. I need excitement in my life. Now at this point, you might be thinking that I'm some crazy against the government person or something along those lines. I'm not, and I'm not saying this is a conspiracy or anything I'm just saying the social norms that society has put into place are bullshit, because it makes you look fucking stupid in the eyes of someone (like me) who can see past them. And it pisses me off to see people acting so stupid as to follow these social norms.

This was a bit off topic, and a bit unscripted as far as thinking it through but I couldn't wait to post this, because I've been thinking about this topic for a while and I've never written it down. This was just a quick little rant I typed up in about 10 minutes off the top of my head. Thanks for reading and remember; Stay Gold.

10 comments:

  1. Materialistic thinking is one of those sorts of things that just worms it's way into your life. Sucks... If you manage to avoid it, you'll probably be happier than the majority of people out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. here's to a more interesting future with more interesting people

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great rants, seriously I feel the same way on a lot of issues. Followed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's all about conformity and what's expected in society (look at Japan for example). I agree it's all bullshit in the end, but sometimes niceties are required at the most inconvenient times. Thank Al Gore for the internet, where an asshole is still allowed to be an asshole. Followed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah man i really hat social norms nowadays, even kids have bad social norms. sadly i fear its only going to get worse.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Worst part is, things are only gonna get worse :/

    ReplyDelete
  7. it doesn't make sense, but what you have just summarized is the BEST, not the norm, but the BEST and most guaranteed way you can succeed in life. thats why so many people do it. people generally like to stay on the safe side of things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice rant. Im on your side. haha

    ReplyDelete